Charlotte Jobs and Business Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Answers to your questions about receiving Unemployment Compensation

Go down

Answers to your questions about receiving Unemployment Compensation Empty Answers to your questions about receiving Unemployment Compensation

Post by Admin Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Great Law website which will answer many of your questions:

http://resources.lawinfo.com/en/Legal-FAQs/Labor-Employment/North-Carolina/how-do-i-file-a-claim-for-unemployment.html

Some excerpts from that site:

How much money will I receive from my benefits?

You can Estimate Your Potential Benefits Online. Your weekly benefit amount and the number of weeks of entitlement to benefits are based on the wages you were paid and amount of time you worked during your base period. The weekly benefit amount is computed by dividing the sum of the wages earned during the highest quarter of the base period by 26, rounded down to the next lower whole dollar. The result cannot exceed the maximum weekly benefit amount allowed by law. The 'base period' is the term used to define the time frame used as the basis for determining whether or not you will be monetarily eligible for unemployment. It is normally the first four of the last five calendar quarters. You must have wages in two of the base period quarters to be monetarily eligible.

Can I work part time and still receive benefits?

Claimants are encouraged to accept part time work while looking for permanent, full time employment. The earnings allowance is the maximum amount a claimant may earn in a compensable week before the weekly benefit amount is reduced. It is computed by dividing the claimant's high quarter wages by 13, multiplying this result by ten percent, and rounding any amount which is not a whole dollar down to the next lower whole dollar. Earnings over this amount are deducted dollar for dollar from weekly benefits. Ineligible amount is determined by adding the claimant's earning allowance to the claimant's weekly benefit amount. If, in a given week, the earnings reported by the claimant equal or exceed the ineligible amount, then the claimant cannot receive any unemployment benefits for that week.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-01-06

https://charlottenetwork.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum